Mailing on and off campus
University Marketing and Communications picks up and delivers interdepartmental mail each weekday. You can leave your outgoing mail at any of several on-campus locations for afternoon pickup.
- EE/ME Building 102
- French Administration Building 144 (summer pickup time)
- Cooper Publications Building, Room 40 (Mail is transported to the U.S. Postal Service office at 4:15 pm.)
If you have a large outgoing mailing to be picked up, please notify us by 8:30 a.m. so the carrier will be prepared.
Special service mailing options
Business Reply Mail
Enables a department to receive first-class mail back from customers and pay postage and a per piece charge only for the pieces returned. Business Reply Mail must conform to specific standards for acceptance by the United States Postal Service. Contact us for business reply envelopes or cards.
Provides the sender with a mailing receipt and a record of delivery. Certified mail is dispatched and handled as ordinary mail. Insurance is not provided.
One- or two-day guaranteed delivery service from Pullman to any location in the United States. Delivery time depends upon the location of the destination. International Express Mail service is available to most countries.
Insures all mail classes, except first and second class, in amounts up to $5,000. Contact us for rates.
Provides insurance for valuable first-class and priority packages. Registered mail must be sealed against tampering. Wrap and seal packages with mucilage or glue or with plain paper or cloth tape. Do not use self-sealing envelopes or slick-faced tape, such as cellophane, masking, or nylon wrapping tape.
Just need to know your mail arrived?
Priority Mail offers delivery confirmation, most times at no charge. You’ll get a tracking number that lets you check online to see if the item has been delivered.
Need signature confirmation?
If you want the individual who receives the package (though not necessarily the addressee) to sign for it, your mail service options include:
- Priority Mail
- First Class Mail
Need a return receipt?
Choose one of these services:
- Certified Mail (The recipient at the delivery address signs to receive the item.)
- Insured Mail (The recipient must sign for the item and you can be compensated if the item is lost or damaged.)
- Registered Mail (Every person who handles the item must sign a form.)
- Express Mail (You get one- or two-day delivery and a recipient at the delivery address signs for the item.)
If you’re sending a parcel to an international address (including military destinations), you’ll need to fill out a customs form online if:
• Your parcel weighs 15 ounces or more, or
• You are sending your parcel via Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express